Before the legal and administrative jargon, let’s start with some explanations in English: Selectra is a company created in 2007 by Aurian de Maupeou and Xavier Pinon (if you are looking for a manager, it's them!) to compare electricity suppliers. Since then, the activity (and the number of web pages) has extended to include telecoms and insurance, finance, home automation and more. We have operations in over 15 countries from offices located in Paris, Tokyo, Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, Malaga, Seville, Caen, Troyes, Lyon, and Rabat
Selectra, in a nutshell
We believe we can make the world of home contracts simpler, greener and cheaper! To do this, we offer various types of information services, subscriptions and management of home contracts.
Below, you can find more information on:
Methodology of Comparators & Comparisons
We scrupulously comply with the provisions of EU Regulation No. 2016/679, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of May 25, 2018 and the Legislative Decree No. 101 of August, 10 2018. Additionally, Selectra complies with the French Decree No. 2017-1434 of September 29, 2017 relating to the information obligations of digital platform operators and Decree No. 2016-505 of April 22, 2016 relating to information obligations on comparison sites online .
We also follow the guidelines set forth by Commission for Regulation of Utilities (CRU) for comparator companies in Ireland.
I - Object
The purpose of these general conditions is to define the terms and conditions for the provision and use of the services of the Seletra.ie website, hereinafter referred to as "the Site" “this Site” "the website". By using this Site, you acknowledge having read these conditions and having accepted them.
II - Definitions
Site: the Site refers to the Selectra.ie website.
The Publisher: designates Selectra SAS, publisher of the Site Selectra.ie
The Company: designates Selectra SAS, publisher of the Site Selectra.ie
User: the User designates any person who uses the Site or one of the services offered on the Site.
The User: refers to any person connected to the Selectra.ie Site.
Client: designates any person who has made a contract with one of the partners of Selectra SASthrough Selectra SAS
Content: the term "User Content" refers to the data transmitted by the User in the various sections of the Site.
Form: the Form refers to the online registration or information request form that the User must imperatively complete in order, for example, to be put in touch with an adviser from the Selectra SAS call platform or to obtain a quote from a Selectra SAS partner.
The Comparator: refers to applications provided by the Publisher allowing the comparison between energy suppliers.
III - Legal Notices
Company name: SAS registered with the Paris RCS under the business registration number: 499807147.
Company name: Selectra SAS
Share capital: €140,000
APE code: 7490B
Head office: 66 rue Sébastien Mercier – 75015 Paris – France
Telephone number: 01 86 76 72 47
Site host: Acquia, 53 State Street, 10th Floor, Boston MA, 02109, USA.
Director of publication: Aurian de Maupeou, manager of Selectra SAS – email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intra-community VAT number: FR12499807147
Professional liability number: 086714841
The Site is open and free to all Users. The use of a service on the Site implies acceptance by the User of all of these general conditions of use. Ticking the box dedicated to the general conditions of use will be deemed to have the same value as a handwritten signature on the part of the User. The User recognizes the value of proof of the automatic recording systems of the publisher of the Site and, except for him to bring proof to the contrary, he renounces to contest them in the event of a dispute. Acceptance of these general conditions of use assumes, on the part of the user, that he has the legal capacity to do so. The general conditions of use will be those in force on the date of the User's visit.
The Selectra.ie Site offers the User the following services free of charge:
- Information about the rates and general conditions of energy, telecom, insurance, financial product and home automation service providers offering offers and products in the UK, hereinafter referred to as “Suppliers”.
- Comparisons of offers of Suppliers for individuals (including tax) and professionals (excluding tax) and noting, where applicable, the savings or the annual additional cost in euros made according to the price list proposed by the supplier.
- Access to an online form so as to be called back by a Selectra SAS adviser or to submit a request for a contract proposal
- Access to the website of the Supplier whose offer the User has selected.
- Advice for choosing the offer best suited to the User’s needs.
- Estimations for the User’s energy consumption.
- Reference articles containing various information on energy, telecoms, insurance, personal finance and home automation.
IV - Remuneration of the Publisher
Selectra.ie is compensated by the partners listed below according to contracts signed or affiliation with those partners. The current partners and affiliates of Selectra.ie are:
- Pure Telecom
VI - Intellectual Property
Selectra.ie is a Site owned by Selectra SAS.
The entire content of the Site is the property of the publishing company. All materials and content displayed or presented on the website (including, but not limited to text, graphics, articles, photographs, images, illustrations, and their formatting) are owned by Selectra SAS, with the exception of brand names, logos, or images belonging to partner authors or partner companies. In all cases, all posted Content is protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property rights. All reproduction, republishing, modification, transmission or distribution of content on the website is strictly forbidden without prior written consent from Selectra SAS. Requests for authorization of content use can be made to email@example.com.
VII - Personal Data
Selectra SAS (SELECTRA or the "Company"), being the Data Controller, is responsible for handling your information and determines the purposes for which, and the way in which, personal data is handled. The data processor is the entity that uses your information in order to provide a service.
SELECTRA SAS complies with EU Regulation No. 2016/679 known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of May 25, 2018 and the Legislative Decree No. 101 of August, 10 2018.
1. Declaration to the CNIL - Selectra SAS, owner of Selectra.ie, complies with the French authority for personal data protection (la Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés – CNIL) with regards to the collection and processing of your personal data. In accordance with the “Informatique et Libertés” N° 78-17 law of 6 January 1978, you have the right to access, modify, and to oppose to its use, a right that you can exercise by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, or by writing to Selectra SAS - 66 rue Sébastien Mercier - 75015 Paris – France.
Personal data may be collected during a telephone call, over email to one of the Selectra SAS services, by completing a form requesting information about a Selectra SAS service, by subscribing to the Selectra SAS newsletter or by accepting cookies (which may take place when connecting to the website, submitting a form, or interacting with the website).
2. Purposes - Personal data is collected:
- automatically during a visit to our Site for statistical purposes, advertising or personalization of your experience;
- when filling in a form requesting for a quote;
- during a telephone call, at your initiative;
- when using our cancellation letter generation service;
- when subscribing to our mailing list;
- or to analyse your bills and offer another rate.
We do not collect your personal data without having obtained your consent.
3. Recipients - In order to provide our services, it’s necessary to collect and process some of your personal data. Selectra SAS is the recipient of such data but may be required to transmit data to third parties such as, for example, its commercial partners in the event of a subscription to a partner offer.
Your data collected by us is processed for the purposes of carrying out operations on the contents of the service. Selectra SAS is the recipient but may have to transmit them to third parties such as, for example, its commercial partners if you request the subscription of a partner offer.
4. Security - You are informed that your data may be disclosed pursuant to a law, a regulation or pursuant to a decision of a competent regulatory or judicial authority or, if necessary, for purposes, for Selectra SAS , to preserve its rights and interests.
5. Duration of data retention - The data is stored by the host of the Selectra.ie Site, whose details are contained within this document, and are kept for the necessary time to achieve the purposes referred to above. Beyond this period, they will be anonymized and stored for statistical purposes only and will not be exploited in any way.
VIII - Advertising Banners
We inform you that the Site may be subject to the display of advertising banners. In this context, you accept that Selectra.ie displays these advertising banners. The terms and scope of these banner ads are subject to change without notice.
IX - Hypertext Links
The website may contain links to third-party Sites. These links were established in agreement with the concerned Sites at a time during which the website considered it appropriate to do so, given the content and services proposed by these websites. The links present on the website do not constitute a recommendation or validation of third-party websites or of their content. It is up to the User to use this information with discernment and critical thinking.
X - Photograph Credits
Photo credits at:
- Adobe Stock
XI - Disclaimer
The Site cannot be held responsible for errors encountered on the Site, technical problems, interpretations of the information published and the consequences of their use. Consequently, the User acknowledges using this information under his exclusive responsibility.
The website is not liable for errors encountered on the Site, technical problems, the User’s interpretation of published information and consequences of their use. Consequently, the User acknowledges and agrees to use this information under his exclusive responsibility.
Provisions relating to the Comparator:
The services and products mentioned on this website may only represent a small selection of the options available to you. Selectra encourages you to carry out your own research and seek advice if necessary before making any decisions. We may receive commission from selected partner providers on sales of some products and/or services mentioned within this website. Our website is free to use, and the commission we receive does not affect our opinion or the information we provide.
Our comparator is updated every month in accordance with our methodology.
XII - Applicable Jurisdiction
These general conditions of use are governed by French law. In case of dispute on the interpretation, on the execution and the realisation of any of the stipulations of the present general conditions of use and in the absence of an amicable agreement between the parties, the Courts of Paris will have sole jurisdiction to know of the dispute.
Cookies Policy: What are Cookies and How Does the Selectra Website Use Them?
A cookie is a small file that is placed on your device (such as your mobile phone, laptop or desktop computer), which enables our server to identify that device and allows us to offer tailored content, services and products by permitting us to recognise you as a unique website user and provide us with information about how you use our website Selectra.ie . Cookies are commonly used on the Internet and do not negatively impact your computer system or any device you may use to go on to our Site.
- Ensure that web pages function correctly.
- Store your preferences, such as language or font size.
- Better understand your browsing experience on our website.
- Collect anonymous statistical information, such as which pages have been viewed and for how long in order to improve our website
I - Why Are Cookies Important?
- From a technical point of view, they allow the website to perform better by taking into account user preferences, such as language, currency, or device type (computer, mobile phone, tablet).
- They establish levels of protection and security that prevent or hinder cyberattacks on the website or its users.
- They allow media managers to analyse statistical data to improve the quality of the user experience on the website.
- They are used to optimise the advertising we show to users, ensuring that it is more relevant to their interests.
II - What Type of Cookies Do We Use at Selectra?
- “Analytical” cookies: This Site uses “analytical” cookies to collect activity statistics for periodic maintenance purposes and to guarantee the best possible service to the user. In all cases, the information collected will be anonymous, and it is not possible to establish a link between browsing habits and individuals. The user can exclude his individual activity via the exclusion systems provided by the providers of the analysis systems that use these cookies, such as Google Analytics. It is possible that this site uses several of these systems, and you can consult the complete list in the list of cookies at the end of this document.
- Other cookies for internal use: In addition, this website may use various cookies to maintain user sessions between different logins to private accounts or portal areas that may be available. Their deactivation generally blocks features for the user, and therefore these cookies are necessary for the operation of this Site. Again, you can check the complete list of cookies at the end of this document.
- Cookies used by social networks: If Social Plugins are used, this website can participate in different third-party social networks, such as Facebook, to allow the user to share content or comments on those external websites and social platforms. You can check the list at the end of this document for cookies pertaining to social networks.
- Cookies used by external content add-ons: This website may make use of content from third parties, such as Google Maps to view geographic locations. Its use may require the use of certain third-party cookies that are detailed in the list at the end of the document. Some of these cookies are installed and managed by the providers of said add-ons, and cannot be accessed or controlled by this website.
III - List and Description of Cookies: Level of Intrusiveness
At Selectra we use Google services - such as Google Ads or Google Analytics. For more information on this subject, you can consult https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites?hl=en.
The list below outlines the purpose of the cookies mentioned above, incorporating a scale of 1 to 3 based on their impact or “level of intrusion” on users visiting the website:
- Level 1: relates to cookies for internal use which are essential for the correct operation of the website and, therefore, the provision of the service requested by the user, as well as cookies managed by third parties with the sole purpose of allowing external plugins to display content correctly and, therefore, necessary for the functional presentation of this website.
- Level 2: relates to anonymous analytical cookies, for internal use, which are necessary for the maintenance of web content on the website, and are exclusively managed by this website.
- Level 3: relates to cookies managed by third parties that allow tracking the user through external websites or services.
IV - List of Cookies Used on This Website
|sessionid||1 month||Internal cookie. Keeps track of the user session across different web pages and forms on the site||Level 1||Website|
|cookie-agreed||3 months||Internal cookie.Records user accepting cookies||Level 1||Website|
|cookie-agreed-categories||3 months||Internal cookie. Categorizes which cookies have been accepted by a user||Level 1||Website|
|gtm_debug||Session||Cookie set by Google Tag Manager. Stores information regarding pages a user has visited on the website.||Level 3||Google*|
|gtm_preview||Session||Cookie set by Google Tag Manager. Stores information regarding pages a user has visited on the website.||Level 3||Google*|
|test_cookie||1 day||This cookie checks whether the user's web browser accepts cookies or not.||Level 3||Google*|
|__utma||2 years||To identify returning website users based on the browser used, if there is a match the cookie will consider that it is a returning user. If the user switches their web browser, Google Analytics will account for them as a distinct user.||Level 2||Google*|
|__utmb||30 minutes||Enables calculating how long a user spends on a webpage by recording the time the page was accessed.||Level 2||Google*|
|__utmc||Session||Google Analytics Internal Metric. Enables calculating how long a user spends on a webpage. Checks if the session should be kept open or a new session should be created. It is automatically deleted when changing websites or when closing the browser.||Level 2||Google*|
|__utmz||6 months||Google Analytics Internal Metric. It registers where the user came from in terms of online traffic. This cookie registers how the user arrived on our Website whether by direct traffic, from an external website, from an advertising campaign or from a search engine, including the keyword and the search engine used.||Level 2||Google*|
|__utmt||10 minutes||This cookie is used to help browsers manage cached web content which can improve page loading.||Level 2||Google*|
|__utmv||2 years||This cookie is used to store personal variables at the user level. This cookie is updated every time that data is sent to Google Analytics.||Level 2||Google*|
|2 years||This cookie is related to Google Analytics distinguishing different users.||Level 2||Google*|
|_ga||2 years||This cookie is related to Google Analytics distinguishing different users.||Level 2||Google*|
|2 years||This cookie is related to Google Analytics distinguishing different users.||Level 2||Google*|
|_gat||1 minute||This cookie is related to Google Analytics and is used to limit connection requests in order to improve website performance.||Level 2||Google*|
|_gid||24 hours||This cookie is related to Google Analytics and its ability to distinguish between different users for statistical purposes.||Level 2||Google*|
|_gcl_au||24 hours||This cookie is used by Google AdSense to measure the performance of online ads.||Level 3||Google*|
|AMP_TOKEN||30 seconds to 1 year||This cookie includes a token designed to work with Google AMP web technologies which helps identify client IDs as well as any errors or bugs.||Level 2||Google*|
|_gac_property-id||90 days||This cookie relates to advertising campaigns that a user has interacted with. This is achieved by linking data between Google Analytics and Google Ads.||Level 3||Google*|
|OTZ||1 month||This cookie allows for ads that may be served by the Google Ads platform to be optimised and personalised based on web traffic and user session duration details.||Level 3||Google*|
|_dc_gtm_UA-XXXXXXXX||Session||This cookie is used to help identify visitors by age, gender or interests through the DoubleClick - Google Tag Manager platforms.||Level 2||Google*|
|m.youtube.com LOGIN_INFO||Session||This cookie is used by the YouTube platform to collect data about embedded videos that may be viewed on the Site.||Level 3||Google*|
|IDE||1 year||This cookie is used by Google DoubleClick to register user actions after clicking on a web ad as well as displaying relevant ads for the user.||Level 3||Google*|
|Test_cookie||30 days||This cookie is used to determine whether your browser accepts cookies from the Google Doubleclick platform.||Level 3||Google*|
|SID, SAPISID, APISID, SSID, HSID, NID, PREF||Most of the cookies expire 10 years after your last visit to a page containing a Google Map.||Google sets a number of cookies on any page that includes an embedded Google Map. While we have no control over the cookies set by Google, they appear to include a mixture of pieces of information to measure the number and behaviour of Google Maps users.||Various||Google*|
|_fbp||1 day||This cookie is set by Facebook in order to display a range of web ads such as real time offers from third party companies.||Level 2||Facebook*|
|_fr||3 months||This cookie is set by Facebook in order to improve the relevance of ads displayed to the user.||Level 2||Facebook*|
|wd||Session||These cookies are used to analyse how users interact with Facebook content by recording the type of web browser used to login to Facebook and user location in order to avoid fraudulent login attempts.||Level 2||Facebook*|
|c_user||20/30 days||This cookie is used alongside the xs cookie in order to authenticate a Facebook user||Level 2||Facebook*|
|spin||Session||This cookie is used to redirect, optimize and attribute online ads.||Level 2||Facebook*|
|xs||30 days||This cookie is used in conjunction with the c_user cookie above to authenticate Facebook users.||Level 2||Facebook*|
|_hjid||1 year||This is a third-party cookie that is established the first time a user visits a page with a Hotjar script. It is used to distinguish the user and their web browser.||Level 3||Hotjar*|
|_hjTLDTest||Session||This cookie is used by Hotjar to store alternative URL paths in order to ensure cookies are located easily and can be shared between subdomains.||Level 3||Hotjar*|
|guest_id||48 hours||These cookies are used by Twitter to help in displaying embedded tweets.||Level 3||Twitter*|
|__zlcmid||1 year||These cookies are used by Zen Desk to offer their Live Chat platform on the website.||Level 2||ZenDesk*|
|__MUID||1 year||This cookie is used to correctly display and analyse web ads from Microsoft.||Level 3||Microsoft*|
|__MUIDB||1 year||This cookie is used to facilitate the display, analysis and features of Microsoft online advertising.||Level 3||Microsoft*|
V - How Can I Deactivate or Delete These Cookies?
The user can at any time choose which cookies he wishes to use on this website via, for example, the browser settings:
Internet Explorer: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement
Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
Android (Google): https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Windows Phone (Microsoft): https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement
VI - What Happens if Cookies Are Disabled
Some website features may be disabled or not function as intended.
VII - Update of Our Cookies Policy
- Who we are
- What information we collect
- How we use that information
- How this information is handled
- How this information is shared
- Where we store and handle collected information
- How we secure personal data
- How long do keep our personal data for
- Your rights
- How to contact us
- Other websites/third party content
We encourage you to read this policy because it is important for you to understand how we collect, store and use your data for the purpose it was collected.
I. Who We Are
II. What Information Do We Collect?
I. Collecting Data:
Personal data may be collected during a telephone call, by sending an email to one of the Selectra SAS services, by filling in a form online requesting information about a Selectra SAS service, by subscribing to the Selectra SAS newsletter or by accepting cookies (which may take place when connecting to the website, submitting a form, or interacting with the website beyond a simple click).
We may also collect information from you if you contact or request information or customer support.
Additional Information collected:
We may collect the following additional information:
- Your registered consent to receive marketing correspondence or application-specific communications.
- Your name and contact details if you contact us.
- Details such as metering data, location data and other personal data (including IP address and browser type) collected by your availing of the services the Company provides.
- Device information.
- Your communication with Selectra SAS including email correspondence or telephone conversations – either to request support to complete service changes or to request status updates regarding applications or other general switching questions.
- Your response to marketing campaigns from us or through our third parties.
- Information from third-party databases to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Third-Party and Publicly Available Sources:
Not all the personal information we hold about you will always come directly from you. We may also collect information from third parties such as our partners, service providers and publicly available websites (i.e. social media platforms), to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, offer Services we think may be of interest, to help us maintain data accuracy and enhance the Services we provide.
Personal data is collected:
- Automatically during a visit to our site for statistical purposes, advertising or personalization of your experience.
- When filling in a form requesting a quote for a new energy or telecoms service.
- During a telephone call if you give consent.
- When subscribing to our mailing list.
- To analyse your bills and offer another rate.
III. Recipients -
In order to provide our services, we need to collect and process some of your personal data. Selectra SAS is the recipient of such data, but may be required to transmit data to third parties such as, for example, its commercial partners in the event of the customer choosing to sign up for a service offered by said partner.
III. How We Use That Information
Your personal information is handled by the Company for the following purposes:
- To offer our services and to be able to communicate with you.
- To offer energy supply application support and correspondence. To arrange the pre-contractual and /or contractual relationship between you, the Company and the service providers you have chosen through our comparison service.
- To respond to your queries or requests efficiently and comply with contractual obligations on your behalf. If you do not provide the required personal information needed to provide the service, then no pre-contractual and / or contractual relationship will be entered into.
- To accurately compare energy and / or telecommunication services and pricing to help you pick the best offer for you. This is the business mission of Selectra. We will also use your personal information to offer comparisons of any other product or service we offer in the future.
- To carry out customer satisfaction surveys in order to improve our services and provide new products for the Company’s customers.
- Delivering promotional material and communication. To send promotional communications, newsletters and new offers relating to products or services marketed by Selectra SAS and / or related entities, as well as third party partners through several electronic and non-electronic means.
- Personalisation of content and browsing experience.
- Whether you choose to accept our offer or not your personal information will be saved in order to handle any future requests you may make and, if necessary, to send you information about more competitive offers. You may exercise your right to refuse that your personal information be handled by the Company.
- Whether you choose to accept our offer or not your personal information will be saved in order to handle any future requests you may make and, if necessary, to send you information about more competitive offers. You may exercise your right to refuse that your personal information be handled by the Company.
- To help the Company perform quality control checks and for training purposes. For this purpose, Selectra SAS may monitor and / or record communications with its customers.
- Meeting internal audit requirements
- Calculating supply and switching cost estimates: We use your personal information such as your name, email address, phone number, and other information about you and your supply arrangements to facilitate a supply application. To do this your information may be used by us or passed to a third-party service provider to verify your identity, progress credit checks on you, validate payment information and to communicate to you important Service information or update you in respect to your application status. Customer data will not be collected without consent.
IV. How This Information is Handled
The legal basis for the handling of your personal information is the following:
- The Company’s evaluation of market offers (for energy tariffs and telecommunication services) before determining the best offer for you requires you to provide personal information so that Selectra SAS can carry out a comparison. Without your personal information, the Company cannot make recommendations.
- Your consent allows us to contact you to send you offers, advertising and promotional communications relating to products or services marketed by Selectra SAS and / or its related entities, as well as by third parties dedicated to the industry sectors in which Selectra SAS works in.
- The execution of contracts with the providers of the services in question (energy, telecommunications, security or any other sector). The Company needs you to provide your personal information in order to make comparisons and to offer you a contract. Without your personal information, the Company cannot tailor a comparison to your needs or make a recommendation about which service provider to go with. For example, if you wish to switch your electricity supply through the Selectra SAS comparison service, the Company will need to handle your personal information to manage the contract with the company that you have chosen so that the service can be started.
- The Company has a legitimate interest in handling your future requests for advice or comparison efficiently.
- Selectra SAS or service providers marketed by the Company have a legitimate interest in congratulating you on your birthday, to keep your personal information to send you updated offers and customer satisfaction surveys. The handling of your personal data is necessary so that Selectra SAS can improve its service and increase customer satisfaction. In any case, you can exercise your right to oppose the handling of your personal information by contacting Selectra SAS (registered office: 66 Rue Sébastien Mercier, 75015 Paris, France) over email: email@example.com
V. How This Information is Shared
In order to offer a comparison service, the Company must be able to send your personal information to the service provider/s to be able to get pricing and product details that constitute the offer presented to you. For example, if an electricity provider is to supply you with power, the Company will need to pass on personal information so that the supply can be set up. The same applies to gas and telecommunications and other types of service providers. Therefore, it is necessary for the provision of the service that the Company shares the personal information to the providers of the products and services that Selectra SAS compares.
We also adhere to the privacy regulations set forth by the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).
These are the people or entities who may have access and are responsible for handling your personal information:
- Third parties who perform various activities to promote and support our advice and comparison service. This includes technical services, data providers, customer service agents, hosting services, marketing and advertising service providers involved in the creation of offers and promotions, Customer Relationship Management software solutions and delivery companies that can deliver products as well as market research companies.
- Any government agency, legal court or regulatory body that is entrusted with enforcing the law, government agency or another third party to whom we believe it is necessary to disclose the information (i) to comply with the applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
- If you request or consent to Selectra SAS communicating your personal information to another person or third party, However, we will not sell, distribute or give up your personal information unless we have your consent or the law requires the Company to do it.
VI. Where We Store and Handle Collected Information
VII. How We Secure Personal Identifying Information.
We take online security and data protection very seriously. It is an area of vital importance for all our customers, so we want you to have confidence in the security of your personal details before you use our Services. We are committed to employing security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and to prevent accidental or unlawful processing, disclosure, destruction, loss, alteration and damage of your personal information. We ensure our technological security solutions keep up with current best practices in the industry. Our approach is focused on risk assessment, prevention and mitigation. In order to help us in this regard, we employ compartmentalization, pseudonymization and encryption whenever possible to protect sensitive information. While complete data security is our goal, there are many outside variables beyond our control that affect the security of your personal information. Therefore we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you disclose using your internet connection. You accept the inherent security implications of using the internet and the Company will accept no liability for any direct, consequential, incidental, indirect, or punitive losses or damages arising out of such an occurrence.
Your personal information will be kept for as long as it is needed to provide you with the comparisons, offers or services that you request.
There are two possible scenarios as to why we would handle your personal information:
- If you accept the offer and you sign up through the service provided by Selectra SAS, we will keep your personal information for a period of three years. In this case, you must become acquainted with the privacy and security policies of the service provider you end up going with.
- If you do not accept the offer you will not sign up through the service provided by Selectra SAS, your personal information will be kept for a period of three years.
This is necessary so that you can contact the Company or so that the Company can let you know about new offers or services that could be of interest to you.
You can at any time object to Selectra SAS handling your personal information in connection with the reception of promotional communications. The Company will record your preferences and act accordingly to respect your objection.
- The relevant period for personal information handling expires,
- You revoke your consent for the Company to handle your personal information,
- You request that your personal information be removed.
Selectra SAS will no longer have access to your personal information and therefore will no longer be responsible for it. Beyond this period, personal information is anonymized and stored for statistical purposes only.
IX. Your Rights
Pursuing Article 17 EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU-GDPR), we respect the right of data subjects to access and control your personal data.
You can exercise the following rights regarding your personal information:
- The right to access your personal information in order to know what personal information is being handled and for what purposes
- The right to correct any errors in your personal information.
- The right to suppress your personal information
- The right to object or to request that your personal information not be handled for personal reasons.
- The right to revoke your consent if the Company has the legal right to handle your personal information.
- The right to request a restriction on the handling of your personal information in the following cases:
- While the accuracy of your personal details is being checked.
- If the handling of your personal information is illicit but you object to its suppression.
- Even when the Company does not require handling your personal information, you can use your personal information in case you have a complaint or claim.
- When you’ve objected to the handling of your personal information on public interest or legitimate interest, while the legitimacy of your claim is being examined.
- Lodging a complaint with the privacy regulator in your country: Information Commissioners's Office (ICO)
X. How to Contact Us
To exercise these rights, you must send a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also write to Selectra SAS with the registered office at 66 rue Sébastien Mercier, Paris 75015, France. You can get more details about your rights by reaching out to Selectra SAS or by contacting the Information Commissioners's Office (ICO). To exercise your rights, you will have to give your full name and state which right you are exercising with a copy of an ID document (such as a passport or driving licence) that certifies your identity.
If you believe that there has been a violation of privacy law relating to how your personal information was handled, you also have the right to make a complaint to your local Data Protection Authority. In Ireland the authority is the Information Commissioners's Office (ICO) and contact details can be obtained at www.oic.ie/contact/.
XI. Other Websites/Third Party Content
The website may contain links towards third-party sites, social media buttons and/or widgets. These links are established to facilitate access to relevant content and services proposed by these websites. The links present on the website do not constitute a recommendation or validation of third-party websites or of their content. It is up to the user to use information on third-party websites wisely and critically. We provide recommendations, advice, information and links on our website in good faith.
All materials displayed or presented on the website (including, but not limited to text, graphics, articles, photographs, images, and illustrations (also known as the “Content”) are owned by Selectra SAS, with the exception of brand names, logos, or images belonging to partner authors or partner companies, unless otherwise credited. In all cases, all posted Content is protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property rights.
How do we use this information?
We handle personal information in order to display a new supply quote and to facilitate the switch to the new supplier presented in our offer, should you clearly express the wish to do so.
Your information is more specifically used as follows:
Personalisation: We use personal information to deliver and suggest tailored content to personalise your experience with our Services. This is processing which is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests as an advice and comparison service in delivering or presenting relevant content to our users.
Marketing: Subject to any preferences you have expressed (where applicable), we use personal information to deliver marketing and promotional communications to you across various platforms, such as email, telephone, text messaging, direct mail, online, push notification or otherwise. We will do this, unless specifically instructed otherwise by you, for a reasonable period of time after your supply contract period has come to an end after switching with the assistance of the Company. The reason for this is that we would like to inform you about products, services, promotions and special offers which we think may be of interest to you.
If we send you a marketing email or SMS, it will include instructions on how to opt out of receiving these marketing communications in the future. Please allow up to 48 hours for any changes you make to your marketing preferences to be fully implemented. Please remember that even if you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you important Service information related to your supply application.
We will, from time to time, send you marketing material which may be of particular interest to you based upon your behaviours, activity, trends and interests. These marketing messages will provide you with information about the products, services, active promotions or offers available to you by the Company and information about the products and services provided by our selected partners and third parties. Except where we use your personal data for marketing purposes on the basis of your prior written consent and subject to any opt out preferences you notify to us in respect of electronic direct marketing communications, we handle personal data for marketing purposes as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in promoting our products and services.
Please note we may also publish the personal details of winners of promotions or prizes received, on our website(s) in accordance with our legitimate interests.
Show and measure ads and Services: We use a combination of information collected such as advertising cookies, your email address and your onsite activity to show you targeted and relevant advertisements on a selection of whitelisted websites across the World Wide Web and social media websites. This information can also be used to measure and analyse the effectiveness and reach of these ads, to help us improve and refine our marketing strategy in accordance with our legitimate interests.
Diagnostics, research and development: We use personal information for internal research and development purposes, to help diagnose system problems, to administer our websites, to improve and test the features and functions of our Services, to develop new content, products and services. To carry out testing and analysis. This processing is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests.
Legal and regulatory obligations: We may be required to use and retain personal information for legal and compliance reasons. Customer segmentation to offer products and services, and promotional material relevant to Irish customers.
Other purposes: We may be required to use and retain personal information for; loss prevention; and to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, or those of other persons in accordance with our legitimate interests.
© Selectra SAS – All rights reserved – Last update: March 22, 2022