Energy Saving Tips: How to Lower Your Costs
Saving energy means saving money on your household's bills. Should you get a smart thermostat? Which is best? How do energy-saving bulbs work? Our energy-saving guides look at the devices available on the Irish market that will have the largest impact on lowering your energy bills.
Energy Saving Tips in Ireland
Learn how to save energy in your home with our various energy savings tips. There is something for all tastes and budgets which we divided into the following three categories:
- Low-cost energy-saving tips.
- Small investment energy-saving concepts.
- Large costs energy-saving ideas.
We look in further detail at each option below.
Much like the butterfly effect theory, the smallest of gestures can have a large impact elsewhere.
The following guides are ideas that will not only help lower your energy bills but can also have a large impact on combating climate change when many people partake in these simple gestures, such as:
- Our top energy-saving tips will be found in our 101 ways to save on your energy bills guide. Filled with simple ideas you can implement immediately and easily: such as how energy-saving light bulbs work.
- Those willing to invest a little will want to examine our top 12 electricity-saving devices guide.
Want more energy-saving tips?Call and speak with our energy advisors for free! No wait times and get energy-savings tips to lower your home bills!
1800 816 036
Small Investment Energy-Saving Guides
These ideas require a little more work and funds to implement but will have a much larger and long-lasting impact on lowering your overall energy bills.
- Smart thermostat comparison. Which brand should you choose? See which brand is rated as the best one on the market and how installing this device can have a significant impact on your energy consumption.
- With the heat wave we had this summer, looking at air conditioning and how to lower the consumption from these energy-guzzling items is and will continue to be essential.
- Heat pumps or immersion heaters? See what all the fuss is about these designs and why they are great alternatives to traditional boilers.
Large Investment Energy-Saving Guides
Here we look at items that take more time to implement, and are therefore more costly, but can also have the biggest impact on the long-term energy savings they bring, concretely:
- Passive homes. What they are and how even existing homes can incorporate the concepts, not just new build houses.
- Building Energy Rating (BER), explaining how the scale works and what the rating means for your home.
- Insulation, whether it is for the cavity walls, the attic, or any part of your home, a well-insulated home is the sure way to lower energy bills.
If you are still undecided about which energy savings tips may be right for you, feel free to browse through our energy-saving guide catalogue below. You can also look at other energy-saving advice and ideas on various topics, like boilers, home heating, and more energy guides.