Bord Gáis Login: Register, Sign in & Troubleshoot
Can’t find your Bord Gáis login page or having issues logging in? Are you looking to switch and want to see how Bord Gáis Energy’s online account measures against other providers? Read on to find the answers to all your Bord Gáis login-related questions in one place.
Need Help Accessing your Bord Gáis Login Account?Speak to one of our energy experts for free! They will be happy to assist you and help you save on all your home bills with one simple call!
01 513 3662 Ad
Why Register for a Bord Gáis Energy Login account
Signing up for a Bord Gáis Energy account means taking control of your energy. As with other online energy accounts (such as those with SSE Airtricity or Energia), you will be able to change your energy plan or pay gas and/or electricity bills online easily. You can also verify any details about your boiler service.
Here are the main features of having a Bord Gáis Energy online account:
- Compare your energy usage.
- Set up direct debit payments.
- Submit Bord Gáis meter readings.
- Quickly view your bills and historical payment transactions.
- Make payments.
- Access Bord Gáis Rewards.
If you don’t want to be able to use a Bord Gáis login account and view your energy consumption at the touch of a button, registering for an online account is not compulsory.
How to Register for a Bord Gáis Online Account
Try to have any pertinent details to hand, and head over to the Home customer registration page to enter:
- Your account number: this can be found on any energy bill or in your welcome pack and is ten digits long.
- MPRN/GPRN: The MPRN (Meter Point Reference Number) is eleven digits long, and your GPRN (Gas Point Reference Number) is seven digits long. They can be found on any bill (including from previous energy providers, as long as it was at the same address).
- The last 4 digits of your phone number: This needs to match the phone number that you used to set up your Bord Gáis Energy account.
- An e-mail address: For accounts with multiple users, only one email address can be used as a Bord Gáis sign-in identification and for communications.
When registering, at the bottom of the page you will also see “Paperless billing” and “Unmissable Rewards”, with a green slider to the right of each one, which will automatically be set to sign you up, unless you click on the slider to slide it to the left and opt-out.
We recommend signing up for both, as paperless billing is not only better for the environment, but also entitles you to extra discounts. The “Unmissable Rewards” option will sign you up for “MyRewards”, which is the Bord Gáis Energy loyalty scheme.
MyRewards is free to join Participants can avail of discounted GAA and Bord Gáis Energy tickets, double up the value of any Tesco Clubcard vouchers and use them against their energy bills. You can find out more about these rewards on the Bord Gáis rewards scheme page.
How to Log Into your Bord Gáis Online Account
To sign in to your Bord Gáis Energy home energy account, visit the sign-in page, enter the email and password you registered with, and click on the blue “sign in” button with a right-pointing arrow on it.
You can also log into your business energy account from the same page by selecting the “Business energy” tab in the top left-hand corner.
I’ve forgotten my Bord Gáis login password
If you’ve forgotten your Bord Gáis login password, no need to worry. Simply click on the blue underlined question "Forgot your password?", which is directly under the 'Sign in' button. Alternatively, you can proceed directly to the forgotten password page from here.
Then fill in the email you registered in the email box, and click on the “send me the reset email button”. You will receive an email with a link that you need to click on to reset your password. You will not normally be permitted to use the same password again and will need to come up with a new one.
If you do find it difficult to remember the different passwords you need to use, we’d suggest trying out a password manager such as LastPass or Dashlane. That way you will only need to remember one password (the password to your password manager). You can also give Bord Gáis a call directly on one of their dedicated phone numbers.
Bord Gáis Login Troubleshooting
Should you have difficulties with your Bord Gáis sign-in details, the easiest to solve the issue is to contact Bord Gáis directly. You may even pay your bills without an online login account, although you will have to enter your account and payment details every time you wish to use the service.
We look at some common questions and their answers related to Bord Gáis online accounts below.
Need Help with your Bord Gáis Energy Login?Call and speak with our energy advisors for free! No wait times and potentially earn savings on your home bills!
01 513 3662 Ad
How to set up Direct Debit Payments via your login account
We provide you with the step-by-step process to set up direct debit payments online:
- Log in to your Bord Gáis account.
- Click on 'view account' on the right-hand side of the 'My accounts' page.
- Select the 'payment options' tab from the menu bar.
- Select the 'direct debit' button.
- You will have to enter the bank account holder's name and IBAN of the account you want to make payments from.
- Read carefully the agreement and check the boxes confirming you have done so.
- Click the green 'Sign up for Direct Debit' button in the corner of the webpage.
How to update your direct debit information
Here are the steps you will need to complete to update your direct debit information via your Bord Gáis login account:
- Log in to your online account.
- Click on 'view account' on the 'My accounts' page.
- Select the 'payment options' tab from the menu which appears.
- Select the 'direct debit' button.
- The last digits of your account will appear, click the 'edit' button next to the existing number.
- You will have to enter the IBAN and the bank account holder's name.
- A link to direct debit terms and conditions will appear, click the link and read carefully before you check the boxes confirming you have read the terms.
- Select the 'Sign up for Direct Debit' green button and you are done changing your direct debit information.
My payment is not showing on my Bord Gáis Energy login account
Payments can take up to three business days to appear on your online account. If after three days, your payment still doesn't appear, contact their customer services.
Bord Gáis App Login
To complement their online account, Bord Gáis Energy also has an app available with all of the features available that you get when you log in to your online account. The app is available on both Google Play and the Apple Store, and has poor to middling reviews, with a 1.6 out of 5 stars rating from Apple, and a 2.6 out of 5 stars score from Google. As with your Bord Gáis online login account, in theory through the app you can:
- Manage your energy accounts
- View and pay your bills
- Monitor your account balance and payment history
- Submit meter readings
- Set up Direct Debit
- Manage your profile
However, as tends to be the case with most energy provider apps, customers are routinely complaining that most functions do not work on the app or that they cannot even log in.
So while the app may at first appears to be handier to access your account, the Bord Gáis login via their website will probably be your best bet when it comes to doing anything with your account within a reasonable time frame.